Cylinder Terms and Conditions
Cylinders remain property of Rectory Gas Supplies (the Company) at all times and may only be filled by the Company. The customer must ensure that cylinders in their charge are not used for any purpose other than as a container for Rectory Gas. Cylinders must not be sold, hired, lent, or abandoned, nor must they be damaged or defaced in any way. The customer must retain absolute possession of the cylinders and not licence any third or other party to hold the cylinders on his behalf for any purpose whatsoever.
The customer will be liable to pay for any unreasonable damage or defacement to which a cylinder is subjected while in their charge. In the event of a cylinder being damaged beyond repair, the Company shall be entitled to charge the customer the full amount of a new replacement cylinder.
The Company shall use their best endeavors to make available filled replacement cylinders but nothing in the agreement shall be constructed as imposing upon the Company in any way a legal obligation to supply replacement cylinders to the customer.
The loan/hire of cylinders may be terminated at any time, without notice by the customer or the Company whereupon the following provisions shall have effect: (a) the customer will permit the Company and it’s duly authorised agents to enter upon the customers premises in order to collect the cylinders, whether empty of gas or not; (b) the customer shall be invoiced and pay the Company’s then current charges for that size of cylinder for any cylinders not in possession at the time of collection.
Terms and conditions for Rectory Gas Supplies competition.
1. The promoter of this prize draw is Rectory Gas Supplies (registered in England and Wales under company number 03780708 and with its registered office at Sparrow Hall, Scrayingham, York, YO41 1JE) (the “Promoter”).
2. By entering this competition, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions.
3. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom who fall within the current delivery areas outlined in clause 4, aged 16 years or over except employees of Rectory Gas Supplies and any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this prize draw.
4. Entrants are only eligible to be included in the prize draw if they fall within the current Rectory Gas Supplies delivery catchment area which can be found by visiting: https://www.rectorygassupplies.co.uk/about/.
5. The competition is open to both new, and existing customers of Rectory Gas Supplies.
6. The Promoter is offering those who enter this promotion a chance to win a month’s supply of either Bulk LPG gas (for commercial or domestic use) OR a month’s supply of LPG gas cylinders (for commercial or domestic use).
7. The maximum amount of gas given as one of the prizes stated in clause 5 is 2,000 litres and is applicable for both bulk (for commercial use) and LPG gas cylinders (for domestic use).
8. If the winner drawn is an existing Rectory Gas Supplies customer, the prize can be immediately claimed as their account details will already be on record. If the winner drawn is a new customer, no prize will be supplied until a contract has been signed buy both the winner and Rectory Gas Supplies.
9. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
10. To enter this prize draw, entrants must complete the online form which includes first name, last name, email address and the option to choose whether you are an individual or a business.
11. The winner will be picked from all valid entries received by the closing date and time.
12. Only one entry allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted.
13. The promotion is open to entries from 12.00pm on Monday 18th December 2017 until 11.59pm on Friday 12th January 2017 (the “promotional period”).
14. One winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries.
15. The winner will be notified via email AND a public Facebook post within 10 working days of the competition closing. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently cancel this promotion without prior notice.
17. The winners will be asked to provide their UK postal address in reply via email or Facebook private message. If a winner fails to respond and/or to give a valid UK address within 4 days of the initial notification, or declines their prize, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner/s (however, this 4-day period may be extended at the Promoter’s sole discretion). If any winner declines their prize, or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
18. The prize will be delivered to the address supplied within 1 week following provision of the winner’s address in accordance with paragraph 12.
19. The name of the winner will be made available on request to anyone sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Promoter at the address set out above within 8 weeks of the closing date of the promotion.
20. No responsibility can be taken for entries that are not seen or taken into account by the Promoter for technical reasons. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet. Proof of sending/transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Responsibility is not accepted for e-mails/messages from the Promoter which are not delivered as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or as a result of an invalid e-mail or other address supplied by the winner, or which are not seen by the winner due to the ‘spam’ or ‘junk mail’ filter settings (or equivalent) on their e-mail or social media accounts.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries at its sole discretion that they consider to be inappropriate, unrelated or offensive and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple email, Facebook or other social media accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
22. The winner agrees to the use of their name and entry in any publicity material including social media channels and website (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and https://www.rectorygassupplies.co.uk/), worldwide and without limit of time. You understand that you won’t have any right to preview or pre-approve the content (and, that you won’t be entitled to any kind of payment) in the event that it is used by Rectory Gas Supplies as noted above.
23. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and upcoming GDPR regulation laws and will not be disclosed to any third party. This includes, full name, postal address and email address.
24. Your email address will be entered in to the Promoters database and may be used for select and periodic email marketing campaigns and/or notifications. You can opt out of these at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, email address and reason for withdrawing from the marketing list.
25. You agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
26. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England, including the seeking of all injunctive or ancillary relief actions.